Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fruit Honey Cloud Pancakes

So up until this point my Chocolate Chip Coconut Pancakes have been my favourite breakfast pancake recipe. Well move over chocolate chips, because now the fruits have come to town!
 
 
According to Claire from Things We Make this is the most pinned recipe on her blog, and I'm really not surprised. Its a simple pancake recipe, but its amazing how a few different ingredients can enhance the way you experience a breakfast staple. I love that it uses honey in the batter, and the fruits give this pancake so much flavor.
 
 
I did make a few changes to the original recipe though. I used coconut oil to cook my pancake, as opposed to the butter in the original recipe, and it not only makes it healthier but also gives added depth. I also changed the method of cooking, as in the original recipe the pancake is baked in the oven after having being cooked for a few minutes on the stove. Instead I cooked my pancake entirely over heat, and I don't think this diminished the taste of the pancake in any way.
 
I highly recommend adding the raspberries and blueberries, as it really gives such a wonderful aroma while cooking, and of course taste when eating! I didn't have any vanilla essence so I omitted it from my pancake, but it still tasted delicious.
 
 
The best made breakfasts are those which smell wonderful when being cooked in the morning, and this honey cloud pancake is no exception!
 
Honey Cloud Pancakes
 
Adapted from Things We Make
 
For a single serving pancake:
 
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk, room temperature
1/4 cup of flour, plain or all-purpose
Pinch of salt
2 tspns honey
Few drops of vanilla essence, optional
1 tblspn coconut oil
Soft fruits - such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and peach
 
Whisk the egg white until it is white and peaky. In a medium bowl, mix together the whole egg, flour, salt, honey and vanilla. Now add the milk, and then gently fold the egg white into the mixture. Heat the coconut oil for a few seconds in a small frying pan, before pouring in the pancake batter. Cook for a couple of minutes until you see the pancake is setting around the edge. Sprinkle fruit on top, and after a minute flip the pancake very carefully onto the other side so that the fruit does not dislodge. Cook for another minute or so until the other side is done. Carefully transfer onto a plate with the fruit side up.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow these look fantastic.. so inviting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays!! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinned because I want this! :)

    Hi Beela. I saw you paryting at WHATS SHAKIN and Im glad I stop by.
    Kissesfromhome
    http://kissesfromhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dish looks so much like a cheese pizza but is much more delicious than pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting blog. I would like to follow this blog. Could you please post more.

    ReplyDelete

© Beela Bakes | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig