Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mini Vanilla Sprinkle Cupcakes


I like this vanilla cupcake recipe due to the fact that it only makes 6 medium sized cupcakes. Most recipes make anywhere between 12 and 18, and in my house only two of us out of six have real sweet tooths, so this means there are always some cupcakes left sitting uneaten!

 
Thats why I used this recipe to make mini cupcakes. I've had these adorable little colourful liners sitting in the cupboard for a while, and just had to use them up. They're perfectly two-bite sized, and something my mum pointed out would be good to serve with tea when we have guests over as they make less mess than conventional cupcakes!
 

 
Of course, if you put your spinkles to good use like I did, they would look beautiful at a birthday party.
All I know is, this recipe suits me and my waist line just fine!



Vanilla Cupcakes
 
Makes 6 normal, or 20 mini cupcakes
 
Half cup (90g) soft butter
Half cup (110g) caster sugar
Half tspn vanilla essence
1 large egg
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tblspn milk
 
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence mixing well. Slowly sift the flour into the mixture incorporating well and finally add the milk. Divide equally into cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes for normal sized cupcakes, or 10 minutes for mini cupcakes. They should appear a nice golden yellow. Leave to cool before icing and decorating with sprinkles.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beela Bakes | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig